Friday, March 8, 2019


QUOTES 3/8/2019

“’What about this?’ I read aloud. ‘De Anza Springs is one of the largest clothing-optional resorts in North America.’ . . . ‘Not a bad idea,’ she said with great nonchalance. I stared incredulously from the passenger seat.  ‘Really, you want to stop there tonight?’ . . . Katie is sensitive.  That is, she can only stand cotton next to her skin.  She wears cotton; she sleeps nude in cotton sheets.  And she thought being naked in a temperate climate sounded, well, comfortable.  ‘Well, alrighty then!’ I declared . . . as we drove, my enthusiasm increased. . . We loved it. . . Everyone we met was so relaxed and jovial.  The full-time residents, predictably, were retired folks, but plenty of families — some even including teenagers — were up for the day.  The camp was clean and well-maintained.  We even decided to house our RV there full time.  I’d never seen Katie so comfortable on any trip. . . Immediately, I turned to scheming how to convince the rest of our family that this was a good idea.  The following weekend, I made French toast, and after breakfast, I pulled out the stack of brochures I had picked up.  One was for De Anza . . . I started by reminding Caleb [son] that Katie and I had a great trip.  ‘Look!’ I said, ‘I brought some brochures.  He examined the desert landscapes with interest and I noted his approval of the two swimming pools. . . ‘And this place is pretty unique in that people don’t wear bathing suits because it’s nice to be in the water without anything on.’ . . . ‘Everyone swims naked?’ he asked.  ‘Yep.  No one has to wear a bathing suit.  Katie and I didn’t either.’  ‘Okay,’ he shrugged.  ‘And at places like this . . . they sometimes just walk around without any clothes on, because it’s hot and it’s nice to be comfortable.’ . . . ‘Everybody walks around naked?’  His eyes widened.  ‘No, not everyone.  These camps are called ‘clothing-optional resorts’ and that means that they don’t have to wear clothes, unless they want to.” . . . I opened another brochure that showed two adults and a child chatting, all nude.  More nude people were playing volleyball in the background. . . ‘It’s a little weird at first, but then it just seems normal to see people walking around naked.’ . . . ‘Does it look like a fun place?’ I asked.  He was nodding, with reasonable enthusiasm . . . So we spent the last day of 1999 en famille and au natural, splashing in the pool. . . When I asked Caleb if he would go to a place like De Anza again, he said, ‘What?  A naked place?’  And I nodded.  Sure,’ he said.  ‘What’s the big deal?’” - Kimberly Dark, http://narrative.ly/stories/a-modern-family-goes-on-vacation-and-leaves-their-clothes-behind/

“North East Skinny Dip 2017” (Video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2hmcIMLHk

“. . .  it’s our clothing that creates our insecurities and inability to accept and love each other the way we should.  We put materialistic value on the human form and it’s created mental illness along with body dismorphia and an undesirable environment for humans to live and communicate within.” - Lauren Martin, http://elitedaily.com/life/scientific-reasons-just-always-naked/971796/

“Tuesday morning I drove nearly 100 miles from Mesquite, Nevada to the south side of Las Vegas (home) wearing only shoes.  It was one of the best drives I've done in a long time.” - Jim Shedd, http://www.nudistclubhouse.com/group_topic.php?topic=1441

No comments:

Post a Comment