Tuesday, March 5, 2019


QUOTES 3/5/2019

“I was raised like most women to believe that my body wasn't good enough, and I bought into it. . . In 1995 a boyfriend took me to Lighthouse [clothing optional] Beach . . . I encountered . . . large crowds of people, most of them naked, of all ages and shapes and sizes.  To them, nudity was simply no big deal.  My friend introduced me to others, and within a few weeks I felt as if I knew half the people on the beach. The naturists became like family. . . The naturists at Lighthouse Beach have developed a true community that only begins at the beach. . . the Long Island Travasuns . . . hold clothing-optional events all year long so our ‘family’ continues off the beach.  We hang out together, go to each others' weddings, which are occasionally clothing-optional.  We watch our children grow and attend our friends' funerals.  I have friends who were raised as naturists at Lighthouse Beach and have opted to raise their kids that way.  These kids possess a self confidence that I never had at that age. . . I began to understand from that first day at Lighthouse Beach that some people do judge others not by what you look like, but by who you truly are.  When you are nude with others in a social setting, you remove more than just your clothes.  You show your true self.  You learn to look past the exterior layers and drop the protective shell and the pretense.  I learned body acceptance.” - Susan Rothberg, http://www.newsday.com/opinion/oped/nude-beaches-help-us-show-our-true-selves-expressway-1.5589759

“Cyclonudista Brussels 2018” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf__j-kRTSw

“I made a conscious decision to drive nude more often just several months ago as one aspect of a larger decision to be more fully a nudist.  Prior to that nude driving was an occasional activity.  Since, I decided I needed to be true to my nudist calling - an example to others.  I was driving lots anyway, so I decided it was only right for a nudist to ‘drive’ nude.” – Kenfreehiker

“Children benefit greatly from a relaxed attitude to nudity from an early age.  If they are taught that the naked body is something to be hidden from others, this can lead to severe hang-ups about body image in later life.  Lead by example and show them that there is nothing wrong at all by being naked.” - http://www.henaturist.net/naturism-frequently-asked-questions/

“I like to spend time not wearing clothes, who cares what it's called.” – FullTan, http://www.naturist-corner.net/community/index.php?topic=9060.0;topicseen

“I think it’s strange that people carry on the way they do about nudity.  If you see a man with his shirt off you don’t think too much about it, but if you see a woman with her shirt off, it’s all goggles, if you know what I mean.  It’s she’s this, or she’s that, or whatever.  I just think that’s wrong as I’m getting older.” – Al, https://www.theguardian.com/nude-art-from-the-tate-collection/2016/nov/22/recreating-the-kiss-going-nude-in-the-name-of-art

No comments:

Post a Comment