Sunday, January 20, 2019


QUOTES 1/20/2019

“When I was a little girl I lived in my home country of Greenland. . . I wrapped myself in many layers of clothes, like everyone did.  The clothing was another person on me, so heavy.  I didn’t know anything different until I came to Toronto, Canada.  My half-sister lived in Toronto with her man and their children.  The children were young and they liked to go nude around the house and sometimes go to the country and be naked there.  It was strange for me to see them that way, but I saw how happy they were.  I was shy but I joined them.  I tried being nude outdoors at a forest.  We swam in a pond and sat under the sun.  I felt very different–so free and happy.  I wanted to run around that way.  When we would go home we put on clothes and then it felt strange to me.  The clothes were tight against my skin and rubbed in some places and hurt.  At home I wanted to take off the clothes again.  My sister’s family did the same. . . My sister is a good example.  She takes a shower, of course she’s nude, then after using a towel to dry she goes downstairs to get a drink.  Maybe her daughter needs her help so she goes to help.  Or her man is on the sofa reading a book and he is nude too.  Nothing different, doing normal things without bother to put on clothes.  Even the children usually go without clothes in the house . . . So if I wear clothes they are loose and do not rub on my skin.  I could never go back to wearing so much.  Even in winter, it’s not a problem being nude at home.  If I am cold I can put on a robe and socks.” - Ann, https://clothesfreelife.com/2014/05/18/at-home-clothes-free-my-experience-a-female-perspective/


“Often times it feels like there is so much pressure to always go and go and go with no true rest or separation from the grind. . . Always answering email while on vacation.  Never REALLY leaving the office.  Overtime becomes normal.  Answering every call, email, text, whatever…it all becomes normal.  Sitting all day at a desk, not doing things I love becomes normal.  Then I wonder why I feel burnt out or upset. . . But there has to be a balance.  It’s actually NOT OK to behave like a robot, to operate without rest. . . Clothes free life, especially clothes free yoga, reminds me to live my true humanity.  This has given me access to having some difficult and honest conversations at work where I’ve begun to draw boundaries and say No.  It has also helped in my interactions elsewhere in life off that mat. . . It’s clothes free Friday.  I intend to bless my soul by honoring the day with some much needed clothes free time.” – http://clothesfreelife.com/2015/04/


No comments:

Post a Comment