Friday, January 18, 2019


A Third Natural Problem Solved
by Kensunwalker

Today, many people try to be something they are not – living in hypocrisy.  Unhealthy concerns about ‘fitting in’ has become a national obsession.  Clothing and style, driven by an ever changing, money-obsessed fashion industry, creates so many problems including body shame and self-hatred, unrealistic dieting and weight loss, eating disorders, body modification, lowered self-esteem, and depression.  And all of this seems to only worsen in social situations as these unhappy people try to force their hypocrisy on others.  Indeed, people are so uptight that they refuse to be human - what and who they really are.  This is a major problem!

Consider this contrast:

"Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

“I like the naked body.  It’s beautiful.  I think the more we try to cover ourselves, the more we lose an essence of ourselves.” - Rinko Kikuchi

I believe the second quote is the more realistic view – period!  The first quote is often simply unrealistic and biased.  Who doesn’t have fashionable clothes?  Well, poor people, of course.  And normal people who are not famous.  And older people.  And people from different cultures.  Clothing is biased, biased, biased, biased!

My Solution: Get real by seeing many people naked! 

How can we become less judgmental?  By seeing many people naked.  The more we see bodies of all ages, shapes, and sizes, the more accepting we all become of our own bodies, so our judgement becomes more realistic.  This is so obviously true.  Unrealistic self-judgement results in poor body image which is itself a form of mental illness.  Rather, those who are unafraid of their nakedness worry less about body image because they can be themselves.

“We can't help but believe that such repeated messages about how the body must always be covered, even in front of parents and siblings, helps to create a negative body self-image and, consequently, lowered self-esteem.” - Dr. Ruth Westheimer and Dr. Louis Lieberman

“We're each a minority of one falling somewhere along an amazingly diverse spectrum of human possibilities, and we're either all acceptable, or none of us can be.  God's image is infinite and includes both male and female variations of many hues, forms and ages.  Any narrow standard of beauty is absurd.” - Glyn S.

 “Not only can naked activities have great recreational value, recent studies have found that exposure to non-idealized naked bodies has a positive impact on body image, and, ultimately, on life satisfaction.” - Bouke de Vries

People feel they must somehow live up to the image portrayed in magazines and movies and by the Madison Avenue fashion experts who tell them in pictures and words what a ‘perfect’ body is like - usually unrealistic, confusing, and harmful messages about how the body ‘should’ look.  No one really looks like that.  Even the people in the pictures don't look like that.  It's all ‘air brushed’ and ‘photo-shopped’ until the images are no longer natural.

Consider the Barbie doll:


“If Barbie were a real woman, her body would be nonfunctioning, it’s so out of proportion. . . her feet would be a size 3, her bra size a 39FF and her measurements 39-21-33.  She would stand 8 feet, 9 inches tall. Her neck would be twice the length of a normal woman’s and would be so skinny, she’d have to choose between an esophagus and a trachea.  I know, she’s just a doll.  But for most little girls, Barbie is the first woman’s body they really get to analyze, besides their mothers’. . . Barbie is a little girl’s first ideal - what she hopes to look like when she grows up. . . For our daughters’ sake, parents must redefine what we consider beautiful.  Talk to them about their body image and tell them they’re beautiful at any size.” - Heather Warlick-Moore

Being open to nudity cures these unhealthy, unrealistic expectations with a good dose of ‘body image acceptance’.

Body hatred has become an epidemic of unfathomable proportions in this culture.  I believe that body hatred lies deep under a host of physical problems: infertility, cancer, diabetes, the lot.  How can we possibly expect to be healthy if we reject our own primary residence? . . . Many Americans suffer from this grand delusion: If I am not thin/tall/toned/beautiful/young enough, I can't live my life fully or realize my dreams.  Rather than truly loving our bodies, minds, and souls, we want to nip and tuck, slice and dice, starve and purge our way to being adequate.  We think we need to change something about ourselves in order to be deserving of love, attention, and affection." – Dr. Susan Corso

Not accepting your naked body results from how we think about clothes.  When people wear clothes, they imagine that others still have that perfect image under their clothes, but when nude, all can see the truth that people are equal, and all have nothing to be ashamed of.  Being naked with others allows people a ‘reality check’.

My Second Solution: Get naked socially!

To experience a naked reality check, people must get socially naked with others.  This is great therapy, giving people new confidence so they can accept their bodies.

“Clothing optional people by and large are the friendliest and most upright bunch of folks we've ever encountered.” – Jeff & Judy

“There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be friendly and welcoming.   When all your defenses are stripped away, and you don’t have the identity of your clothes to hide behind, all you’re left with is exactly the same as what everyone else has.” – Jessica H.

“Shared nudity brings an additional psychological dimension to kindness.  Naturism is social and promotes benevolent exchanges.” – Nuetheureux

Being in a social setting with other naked people causes people to open up in a very honest, healthy manner.  Regardless of the context, around the pool, in the hot tub, or even under a shade tree, discussions happen – about all topics!  And this happens far more frequently and with far more ease than in a clothed environment.

“I am beautiful on the inside and out!  It took me getting naked in front of a bunch of people sitting around a hot tub and pool eating pot-luck to realize we all come in so many different shapes, sizes, ages, and backgrounds.  The human body is beautiful.  Shame on religions, governments, and especially the media that tell [us] how we should dress or not-be dressed.  It was very liberating. . . I loved every second of it.  In fact, I recommend it for anyone, especially if you have a problem with self-esteem.” - Anshel

Without exception, men, and especially women, who learn to feel at ease while participating in socially nude situations report that their body image and self-esteem improve dramatically.  This is because naked friends express unconditional acceptance - no one expects people to have a ‘perfect’ body.  Naked people more than any other group in society understand and accept the diversity, the different sizes, shapes, and ages of the human body, so negative feelings about the body disappear.

“. . . social nudity enhances each moment with excruciating delight.  I do it because it is fun, fun, fun!” – Chelmcdonald

So, get naked with others and you’ll soon find that your best, most trusted friends are also naked much of the time.  Then you’ll be able to truly accept your humanness!

My Third Solution: Be you!

“Clothes are a wall that separate us from our true selves.” – Nude Movement

Fur sure, many people need nakedness to be real, to be themselves.

“I think I have always been a nudist from a very early age 5 or 6 and experimented with it off and on throughout the years.  But it hasn't been until I reached my late 30's and early 40's that I really understood the practice and what being a nudist is all about.  It was this understanding that led to be realize that being a nudist was a part of whom I am.” – kaspernzl

A naked person is honest with him or herself, open to reality, and accepting of the truth.

“Going nude is a way for people to say ‘I’m OK with who I am.’” - Richard L.

“I really am a nudist. . . Discovering, embracing, and accepting who I really am has given me peace of mind and calmness.  As a result, I also have a better relationship with my family and I am more productive at work.” - Delfin Amante

“Growing up a conservative religious person, I never imagined I would ever become a naturist.  Yet, I had a unique need for nudity, and all my life experiences led me to be obedient to that uniqueness.  Accepting my unique mission, I learned who I really was, so I could be truly happy, truly free, and truly able to help others in the unique way only I could.  I now know who I am and why I’ve felt the way I did throughout my life.  This does not mean I disregard other interests and talents, but as a naked person I follow the truth and love being me!  When I took off my clothes, I could be myself.  Nude is who I am, who we all are.  Not realizing this is believing and living a lie.  Bottom-line, when I’m naked, I’m me, I’m who I am, complete, an ‘image of fullness’.” - Ken

When you take off your clothes you can be yourself.  You can dispose of the ‘image' you are trying to project with clothes.  Naked, there is no status.  You can be ‘you’, without guile, façade, mask, or costume.  This humility, coupled with chastity, results in true modesty - an honest state of being - simply yourself.  You’re not a freak.  You just need to be naked.  When you reconcile yourself to living a naked life it fixes you!

In order to be truly human, you probably need the truth about nakedness as well.  If so, you instinctively know this.  Here are a few thoughts from others who have come to know themselves through being naked:

“Being naked is about being one's self, not someone who one wants to be.” – Bruce H.
“. . . a naked me is the most honest, pure, unaffected me there is, and, after a few years of depression, anxiety and very low self-esteem I am delighted to have gained a huge amount of belief in me - and that’s something to celebrate.” - Susannah

“Naked, I know who I am.  The moment I put anything on, it begins to define me in some way other than what I am. . . So get naked and look hard and love what you see.  It's you! . . . And naked, you are all you.” - Victoria P.

“When you’re naked there is no deception – you are who you are.” – Samantha

Accepting my naked body changed my life.  It can change your life as well if you have the courage to accept it.  It will enter you, become a part of you, and make you a better person - who you really are.  Since you have a choice, why not be the Human you truly are, with realistic body image, sociality, and openness, rather than trying to be something you are not, and ending up a sad, biased hermit?  Get naked – problem solved!




No comments:

Post a Comment