Wednesday, May 23, 2018


QUOTES 5/23/2018

“The feeling you have when your friends finally agree to try naturism is incredible!” - https://twitter.com/ohionaturist/status/806175544945455105

“World Naked Bike Ride 2016 Amsterdam” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kNswY75v_Q

“I walked down the steps towards Rec Beach with my friend and ran straight to the water.  I hiked up my skirt and played in the water. . . I relaxed there in the setting sun when a hippy boy with long sandy blonde hair, a fin hat, and no pants walked up to us . . . Me and my friend started talking about freedoms and I had stated how much I wanted to take off my top and how restricting I felt stuck in my bra.  She said that we should do it together.  A minute later I was laying back, breasts exposed in the sun, and feeling liberated from my bra and comfortable in my body.  Sitting there watching the sunset nude was one of the most memorable moments from my Vancouver Adventures.” – Hippy-Traveler, http://arizonavichi.tumblr.com/

“I’m one of those women who has always been on the heavy side, but I was lucky to grow up in a family that allowed me not to be afraid of my looks.  Soon after I started dating my future husband, he revealed he was a nudist and asked if I would come to a local nudist resort.  Believe it or not, it was easy for me to take my clothes off the first time in front of strangers.  I know that’s not usually the way it is, but I just felt safe with him there, along with that inner confidence my dad gave me as a girl.  I could stop here and sound like being a nudist is easy.  But, it isn’t all the time.  Sometimes I still feel self-conscious about my size.  I must tell you I feel a lot more comfortable and safe when I am with my nudist friends, because I don’t feel like I’m constantly being judged.  So this is complicated.  On the one hand, it was easy for me.  But on the other hand, I still sometimes struggle with the cultural influences that conspire to make all women feel that if they aren’t pencil-thin, there must be something wrong.  And that’s why I keep coming back.” – Cynthia, https://socalnaturist.org/membership/womenspeak.php

“I think naturists are sometimes the least tolerated of people, expressly because of their belief in the practice of social nudity. . . When we practice our naturism, though we’d like to see more people join us, we’re not twisting anyone’s arm.  We’re not saying that, in tolerating our naturism, people have to accept its practice.  On the flip side, however, what does society in general do all the time?  Right, they want to force us into clothes.  Oh, we’ve gotten past the days when the cops will raid a nudist park, just because of the thought that people are doing who-knows-what naked behind its fences, but let some man or woman garden in the nude, strip off at remote beach, or hike naked in the wilderness and there will always be some person, finger-pointing and screaming, ‘Shut that down!’  Where’s the love?  Where’s the tolerance? . . . people in general don’t understand the concept of tolerance.  To tolerate something doesn’t mean we have to accept it or practice it and that is where I feel people in general go wrong: tolerance does not imply acceptance. . . we naturists have a tough row to hoe for intolerance is a strong, pervasive force in any society and the cause of so much mischief.  I’m not saying we should just give up and hide behind fences.  No, but we need to understand the hurdles we must clear toward acceptance of our idea.  Nudist and naturist pioneers have labored long and hard to get us where we are today, sometimes against daunting odds.  We owe it to them to carry on, but we won’t be able to make any progress if we sit idly by the pool at our favorite nudist retreat ignorant of all the effort our forebears have made.  Along with our other work, let’s work to educated people as to the true meaning of tolerance and, when we do, so very, very many will benefit from it.  Forewarned is forearmed” - Tom Pine, The Naked Truth Naturists Newdsletter, October 1, 2016, V. 17, #10

No comments:

Post a Comment