Sunday, May 20, 2018

QUOTES 5/20/2018

“Labels can cause anxiety, because they sometimes give a sense of needing to completely redo one’s life in order to live up to them.  What does it mean to be a naturist/nudist?  How does one dress on a cool day?  What about hats?  Sarongs?  What are the rules?  This is not to say that labels are bad, but they can be a challenge in some cases.  Sharing simple familiar experiences, though, I find to be an easy way of introducing nonsexual clothes free living.  Whether or not others choose to be naked all of the time, they at least have a lived experience of nonsexual social nudity.  They can see how I behave and feel my energy.  They are OK with the concept and with me roaming about nude, even if they remain clothed.  That has a powerful impact . . . Many different approaches for many different humans! . . . they always say this, ‘I loved spending time with you.’  They don’t care about the labels.  They are just happy to have spent time with me, each of us simply being ourselves.” - https://clothesfreelife.com/2016/12/21/sharing-simple-things/

“Climbing up DeAnza peak (naked!)” (Video).-. https://vimeo.com/113106515

On Tuesday March 9, 2010, I freehiked the Olive Dell Nature Trail and repaired several signs.  A few raindrops fell as I hiked.  Still, the trek felt wonderful, even after a day gardening in the nude.  There is something utterly and uniquely pleasurable about freehiking.  I was reminded yet again how fantastic freehiking feels – even on a cool day.” – Kenfreehiker

“. . . my parents and two young nieces accidentally caught me naked in the backyard from a distance.  I managed to put shorts on before they got to me but the secret was out.  I really hadn't tried to hide it, just had never admitted it to anyone.  After that I thought 'why worry about who knows?' and I even felt that nudism was such a great way of life that I wanted to spread the word to others.  So after that I would casually let others know I'm a nudist when discussing things like how warm it is, how good the sun feels, soaks in the hot tub, hiking, etc.  It's really easy to just mention something like 'I've recently found out that I like hiking nude much better than clothed.'  Or maybe, 'Yes, the sun feels great but I don't like tan lines so tan without clothes.'  Then, of course, they ask why I do it . . . So we now try to tell everyone about nudism and have gotten mostly very positive feedback.  My girlfriend's daughter has even stated it's fine if we are naked when she comes over (which we do now). . . everyone we know, knows we are nudists and only one family member had any kind of negative reaction, and she got over it in time.  So I really think we worry way too much about what others will think when we announce our nudism choice to others.  Just present it with confidence and knowledge and it will go fine.” – Guy, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment