Monday, November 11, 2019


QUOTES 11/11/2019

“Naturists, I admit, do sometimes get a bad press, but as with any activity, pursuit, special interest, call-it-what-you-will, it is the extremists at either end of the spectrum who probably cause most of the problems.” – Paul Rouse, http://www.naturisttravel.net/reviews_view.asp?t=+The+silent+majority&id=966&cid=2&scid=120

“Walk on the Wild Side” (Video) - https://vimeo.com/ondemand/walkonthewildside/121932044

“A woman does not have to be modest to be respected!” – Nudewalker, http://freerangenaturism.com/forum/index.php?topic=648.15;topicseen

“I have walked naked for many years and found it possible to spend most of my time walking naked in forest, moorland, countryside and mountainous areas. . . When walking naked it is always important to look confident.  I never try to hide or run away or act any differently to the way I would if I were clothed.  When walking in open countryside moorland or other open areas it is easy to see anyone in the distance.  If I can see that I am likely to encounter someone I do not know and I can’t deviate my walk a little to avoid walking very close to them, I usually leisurely put my wrap on while still walking when they are close enough to be able to see me put it on.  (I always use a wrap in preference to shorts it can be put on in seconds whereas shorts can be very difficult over boots or shoes and looks very clumsy as well as taking too long).  I believe that this signals that I have no intention of causing alarm or distress, I always say hello and often talk to people and let them know I am a naturist.  As soon as I am past them I remove my wrap or remove it sooner if they say that they do not have a problem with me being naked, which is usually the case.  If I do not have to pass in close proximity to anyone I do not usually put my wrap on.  When walking in areas where it is not possible to see if people are around there are several things I have learned.  It is often possible to know if anyone has walked a trail before you because if no one has been there for several hours you will most likely encounter cobwebs across your path and you will feel them on your body as you pass through them.  If you see or hear lizards or small animals scurrying about at the sides of the tracks you are walking, it is likely no one has passed that way for some time.  If there are flocks of birds or even single birds around watch which way they fly off.  If they fly away from you it is likely no one has been around for a while.  If they fly more towards you it is likely that there is someone in front of you.  Listen for tell-tale signs like a dog barking in the distance or people talking, the sound of pheasants or partridges taking of as they have been disturbed by someone.  Dogs that are not on a lead usually walk in front of their owners and there has been many an occasion when I have seen a dog appearing from round a corner, which has given me enough time to put my wrap on or just hold it or my bag in front of me before the owner appears. . . Walking in a group of 3 or more people is a lot less likely to raise suspicion than a lone male walker. . . I can genuinely say that in more than 40 years of walking naked I have never seen any sign of alarm or distress displayed by any person I have encountered.” - David Gilderdale, http://www.bn.org.uk/activities/frn_experience

No comments:

Post a Comment