Monday, February 18, 2019


QUOTES 2/18/2019

“Let’s remind everyone that we are only here today because our parents got naked and made love, that we were all born naked and that we are always naked underneath our clothes. The more we hide from our true selves the more separated we become from ourselves and from each other.” – Gypsy Taub, http://www.inquisitr.com/2784620/valentines-day-brings-naked-parade/

“Awesome Assets!! 2016 San Francisco Bodypainting Day” Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PtMsJSNurU

“Last weekend I went on my first bare-chested bike ride in the city with my friend, Gingerbread, the bare-chest equality advocate whom many know.  During the bike ride, we observed that women had a variety of responses to our bare chests.  One woman shielded her child’s eyes while others shook their heads in annoyance.  At the same time, some who were riding on motorcycles during Memorial Day weekend festivities screamed ‘Freedom!’  Some said nothing at all.  This experience highlighted for me the fact that not all women experience the bare body as freedom.” – hontouniheart, https://clothesfreelife.com/2016/06/01/wow-what-is-freedom-to-us/

“. . . a whopping 72% of respondents are willing to be clothes free at home to save money on energy cost in summer. . . New research from British Gas has shown that one in ten people are cutting their energy costs by opting to go naked while at home.  Instead of using fans to cool off in the summer heat, ten per cent happily strip off – a move which is helping them to save up to £780 a year.”

“Prior to the [nude] cruise . . . I would say I was disconnected from my body, so to speak.  I wasn't fully enjoying the sensory experience of being in my own skin.  On the cruise, I loved feeling the sun on my whole body and I couldn't get enough skinny dipping.  I found a new love for my body - so much so, that when I came back, I took up jogging, which I hadn't done regularly in years.  I've dropped maybe 15 lbs since the cruise and kept them off.” - Brooke Morton, https://www.thrillist.com/sex-dating/nation/bare-necessities-benefits-of-clothing-optional-cruises

“Girls are being told that their bodies are too distracting to their male counterparts so they must cover up or face suspension.  Why are we blaming the girls for the boys’ inability to contextualize their sexuality?  Where does the slut-shaming end?  If it’s the girl’s fault that the boy next to her failed chemistry because he was too busy staring at her exposed collarbone, then is it also her fault when he drugs and rapes her at a party because she was wearing a short skirt?” - Mary Widdicks, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2015/10/16/why-you-shouldnt-be-ashamed-of-bathing-with-your-kids-despite-the-perez-hilton-controversy/?postshare=7781474016316216&tid=ss_tw

No comments:

Post a Comment