Thursday, February 14, 2019


QUOTES 2/14/2019

“I’ve been completely naked in Times Square in New York City and people are like shocked and freaked out about that.  But when you look up, there’s a billboard with this woman who is barely covered or wearing anything, and a camera zooms in on her butt cheeks.  It’s totally sexualizing the image of this young woman but nobody blinks an eye at that.  If you use nudity to sell something, if a woman’s body is used to sell, that’s allowed.  It does not cause any problems.  But when a woman decides to take off her clothes because she’s comfortable like that, everyone jumps on her.  You’re a slut, it’s bad, it’s shameful.  That’s how our warped culture deals with nudity.” – Felicity Jones, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/urban-nudists-yna-france-tracks-arte-documentary/

“L'interview de Marisa Papen - Stupéfiant! ” Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXlbYrYv6Dw

“We should all be able to celebrate and love ourselves without fear of criticism from others, whatever shape or size we are.” – Allly Hirschlag, http://www.upworthy.com/how-a-diy-dress-helped-one-woman-reclaim-the-power-words-had-on-her-body?c=reccon3

“. . . sometimes it’s less embarrassing to be naked in front of a stranger than to be covered. . . ‘I’d rather be naked than only barely covered.’” - http://theconversation.com/friday-essay-the-naked-truth-on-nudity-66763

“I was about 8 or 9 when I found out that I really enjoyed not having a stitch on my body.  For me it was ‘stolen’ moments here and there where I'd hide out in my bedroom and stay completely nude for as long as I could.  While growing up I tried many different things nude; skinny-dipping secretly in the family pool, hiking in the woods nude, spending week-ends nude if I was home alone.  Even after I started going to the nude beach, or went to the resort, I just kind of considered it to be ‘nudist experimentation.’  Maybe I just wasn't entirely comfortable yet with the label ‘nudist/naturist.’  I was naked enough; but I just didn't feel I was ‘involved’ enough to have earned that label.  I used it for the purposes of explaining myself to other people; but I wasn't really feeling I was truly nudist.  That changed when I went to a nudist get-together, by myself, after I relocated.  I'd been invited by a nudist cyberbuddy.  I got there, everyone was nude, and I immediately wanted to be naked.  I undressed and went out to meet everyone.  And then at one point during the day, I had an ‘Eureka!’ moment.  I realized that at that moment there was nowhere I'd rather be than right where I was, completely nude chatting with other nude people.  I just didn't want to have to dress - like ever again - and that's when I realized I was a naturist.  Not just enjoying being nude; but realizing that was the way I preferred being.  I took this newfound perspective back home and implemented it, joining AANR, setting up my backyard to be nudity-friendly, finding new ways and venues to be nude and make it more a part of my life.  And I proudly called myself a naturist.” – Nudony, https://www.truenudists.com/forum/thread/111361/when-did-you-discover-you-were-a-naturistnudist/

No comments:

Post a Comment