Thursday, March 1, 2018


QUOTES 3/1/2018

“Being naked with other people who are also naked promotes a sense of connection and belonging . . . People who like to be naked often identify themselves as ‘naturists’, because lack of clothing puts one in direct physical contact with the inorganic elements of nature, and also induces a sense of kinship with nonhuman living things, all of which are naked themselves.  Even green plants have a need for exposure to their environment . . . What humans can derive from exposure to their environment is equally important . . .” -  https://naturistphilosopher.wordpress.com/2016/06/07/is-there-a-human-need-for-being-naked/

“Via Bavarica Nudensis - die Nacktradltour” (French Nude Biking Video) - https://vimeo.com/31194450

“No matter where I go, there I am.  So, focusing on health, mindful meditation, sun and naked freedom, I'll be okay about anywhere.” – Jbee, http://freerangenaturism.com/forum/index.php?topic=713.60;topicseen

“Boost your self-esteem by going naked.  Try nudism.” - https://rfgjga1992.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/lets-do-all-this-to-promote-nudism/

“I grew up in an achingly conservative, Christian family tucked into Middle America’s middle class, where everyone changed with the door locked, and our thick family photo albums held almost no bare baby butts.  At my Lutheran grade school, storm-eyed teachers dragged girls into the hallway and had them stretch their arms toward the sky, touchdown-style, and if, at the zenith, a sliver of skin revealed itself above the waistband — demerits all around.  So I always figured my prudishness — my refusal to skinny dip, my shock at college friends who went streaking, my non-participation in the Free the Nipple campaign . . . stemmed from my upbringing, the environment endlessly buttoned-up and modest.  I never would have guessed that getting naked in a foreign country would finally make me feel comfortable in my own skin.  I visited Marrakesh last summer, Istanbul and Cappadocia in the fall, and Casablanca this spring. . . I indulged in hammam (or Turkish bath) treatments, an ancient spa ritual that's a normal part of life for locals.  Many women head to the bathhouse once or twice a week, stripping off their headscarves (and, well, everything else) to chat with friends in a steam room before reclining on a tiled table, in full view of their neighbors, for a full-body wash n' scrub. . . since then, I’ve managed to skinny dip in a friend’s hot tub and travel around Vietnam with a not-super-close friend without caring if she saw me change.  I see the irony: Morocco and Turkey aren’t thought of as bastions of women's lib, and the clothed portions of my trips meant annoyances like climbing a mountain in a full-length skirt or wrapping on a headscarf to enter a mosque in triple-digit heat. . . I’m grateful that a little slice of life halfway across the world made me feel more comfortable naked.” – Andrea Bartz, http://www.refinery29.com/naked-hammam-body-self-confidence-experience

No comments:

Post a Comment