Thursday, June 7, 2018


QUOTES 6/7/2018

“Fortunately, I met a girl my first weekend on campus who was as uncomfortable wearing clothes as I was. . . not only was she as much a budding nudist as I was, but on the other side of her dorm was a group of female and male college students . . . whose corridor was clothing-optional . . . I joined their group, spent a lot of my time with my fellow student-nudists and met a lot of friends that way.” – David K., https://thanakedi.wordpress.com/2016/11/29/a-friends-story-about-nudism-in-his-life/

“Nat’express juin 2018 - Le yoga nu au cœur du bien-être et du naturisme” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=gh1o7zcA22E

“Our nudist belief is that clothing is very often simply superfluous and an encumbrance, though sometimes it is beneficial for comfort and protection.  But whenever clothing is truly unnecessary for comfort or protection, there are many benefits to just do without it, especially in the company of others who agree – all the while granting others the right to dress or not in the manner that seems best to them.  Recognizing that nudism is a way of thinking, perceiving, and behaving that challenges predominant social norms that have been inherited from Puritanism and reinforced by massive advertising campaigns by textile industries.  The practice of social nudism . . . involves not only providing opportunity for nude recreation but also clearing away traditional but erroneous myths, prejudices, and preconceptions that stand in the way of greater interpersonal understanding, self-acceptance, acceptance of others, and growth.” - http://aanr-east.com/portfolio-items/promoting-body-acceptance/

“I was aged 21, in 1972, when I had what might be considered my first naturist experience.  I was on my own on a mountainside in the Austrian Alps and stripped off during a break.  It was the first time I had been naked in the open-air and also the first time I took a ‘naked-selfie’.  I had started mountaineering seriously in 1975 and the long hot summers of 1975 and 1976 saw me skinny-dipping in mountain tarns and streams, particularly in the Scottish Highlands.  I’d also started orienteering and it was at a 6-day Orienteering event in Switzerland in 1978 that I got my first experience of public nudity.  Segregated and screened outdoor showers were provided for use after running, but there was very little changing space in the enclosures and many men, women and children, just dried off and changed outside the enclosures.  This experience was eye-opening as it brought into question the whole of the social conditioning on nudity that was ingrained in most people in Britain.  I have been to other orienteering events in Switzerland where, with only one set of showers available, they made them unisex with men women and children using them naked. . . Over the next few years, I was spending more and more time naked but almost always when on my own. . . On solo trips to the Scottish Highlands, I would take advantage of the isolation to be naked as often as the weather allowed and would occasionally be able to hike naked.” – Brian, http://www.nakedwanderings.com/2016/12/01/naturist-talks-brian-uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment