Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Living an Openly Naked Life

Milton:  Gee Ken, in your latest post you completely ignore the inconvenient fact that being seen naked in public can get you both jail time and on the sexual offenders list of your state.  "Coming out" is not as easy as you pretend.

Ken:  Perhaps true in some states, in some places, but maybe one solution is to move to a more friendly state and location.  {I know, some can do this, others can't.}  But just because being openly naked "can" result in jail time and the sexual offender's list, doesn't mean it "will."

My concern is that some are so risk adverse that they never come out as the naked people they are and instead miss the valuable benefits of living a full naturist life, while helping others understand.

Risk is a continuum.  Everything is life carries risk at some level.  Just walking down the street carries risk - you may get hit by a car, but that risk is low, whereas just talking about naturism is high risk in states like Arkansas.

Some people are so risk adverse that they imagine that everything, including more open nakedness, is high risk, so they hide behind the walls of naturist resorts thinking their nudity is risk-free.  It's not - someone can still find out.

And with this approach, they are never able to introduce the naturist lifestyle.to others, who only imagine the worst.

So, it's good to assess the risk involved in being an open naturist.  Sometimes you may need to wear a little something, sometimes more, but a moderate risk is worth the benefits of being open.

I grew up in a very conservative state (Utah), but still found freehiking, even in groups, low risk.  But I still lived a a hidden, conservative life, hiding in the bushes if someone unexpectedly came along.

I moved to a more open state, to a more open culture, and now I let others know my naked preference.  I live mostly naked at home and in my yard, I greet clothed people when freehiking, I drive naked whenever possible (my wife and I just finished a 2500 mile vacation driving naked most of the way (through Utah and back), and I ate in a t-shirt and short kilt at restaurants.  Was there some risk?  Probably yes, everything carries some risk, but the risk was low.

Don't be risk adverse!

No comments:

Post a Comment