Monday, November 5, 2018


QUOTES 11/5/2018

“Nakedness in Scripture isn’t all about body shame and sexual sin.  If it was, the church fathers would not have so clearly expounded the display of spiritual meaning in the early ritual of nude baptism, where naked immersion signified to them a return to original innocence.  Learning from our ancestors in the faith [we can] . . . boldly recapture this former, healthier attitude of body acceptance through a renewed symbolic use of naked truth.  Our society, and the modern church, need retraining, not only in a wholesome view of our divinely gender-distinctive anatomy, but also in a virtuous response to truth’s power over relativism.” - Rev. David L. Hatton, The Naked Truth Naturists, vol. 16, No. 11

“Camping naturiste Natustar Les Lauzons Provence FranceVideo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_tbMuoSPrU

“I’ve met several people who have lived at Olive Dell Ranch for years.  The oldest current member joined in 1958.  As I came back from a freehike I met and talked briefly with Al and Missy, barbequing nude, who have lived as naturists at Olive Dell for over 50 years.  I soaked with David who has lived continuously at the resort for 25 years.  I met a young couple who just had a new baby.  The mom was raised at the resort.  I’ve met several teenagers who have been raised as naturists at the resort.  It’s a world apart, but in my estimation, a very good way to live.” - From my past kenfreehiker blog

“I do think we have become scared of the sun.  I think the (skin cancer) advice could have contributed to this and we now need to work out what is sensible and safe sun exposure.  In the past, it seemed that the safe option was to avoid sun and apply high factor sun cream. Now we know there is a consequence of low vitamin D, it’s time dermatologists and vitamin D researchers looked into this.  I should also emphasize that in the UK in the winter months, the angle of the sun does not allow for vitamin D synthesis.  We spend less time in the sun, many people’s diets are terrible, and we don’t take cod liver oil – this could be the perfect storm for a vitamin D epidemic. . . It seems we evolved to live outdoors and we need to keep this in the back of our minds.” - Mr Graeme Close, http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/brits-prepare-summer-sunshine-could-5681008

“I used to hate being naked.  In my late teens and early 20s, I would keep a towel wrapped around me after a shower while puttering in the bathroom, I would wear a bathing suit in the shower at the gym, and I would banish lights while having sex . . . I was a professional body-shamer, with my only target being myself.  I didn't like the way my thighs chafed, and I loved big, belly-bulge-covering sweatshirts.  All this body-hiding made me fold within, alone with doubt and self-judgment, only inviting food and television to join me.  This did little to raise my body confidence.  This changed in my mid-20s when I got pregnant, and everything became huge and bloated.  I was so proud of my body for making a baby, I would just stare at it, loving it all, even my bloated elbows.  And nothing but nakedness fit comfortably.  After birthing in the buff, I was addicted.  In the first weeks of my baby's life, I would only put on pants if company was coming over but rarely bothered with a shirt – that's what the nursing baby was for.  If I had to go into the public realm, I would wear a shirt, but I was so done with bras. Especially underwire.  Never again.  They're masochistic!  I am free and being naked is a stark reminder of that.” – Bailey Gaddis, http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a48738/walk-around-naked/

No comments:

Post a Comment