Saturday, July 6, 2019


More on the SAT Process

A few days ago, I wrote a blog suggesting we use the SAT process to let others know we are naturists, and I committed to that myself.  I said, “If in doubt, talk!  That’s the safest and most honest course of action.  Use the SAT process to tell others and declare your independence."

As a reminder, the SAT process has three steps:

State

“I am a naturist.  That means I prefer not wearing clothes.”

Ask Permission

“Would you mind me being naked around you?”

Tell Why

“Would you like to know why I am a naturist?”

I’ve been thinking about that.  Maybe it’s enough to stop at step one?  After all, if people know you’re a naturist, why do they need to see you naked?  However, the whole point of the process is to be honest and open and allow people to be comfortable with your natural self.  Otherwise, you accomplished very little.  Perhaps the “Ask Permission” question should be worded differently such as “Would my being naked around you be offensive?”

What do you all think?


No comments:

Post a Comment