Monday, July 16, 2018


QUOTES 7/16/2018

Dec. 1, 2009 - – got up early and took a morning freehike around the Loop Trail above Olive Dell Ranch (about three miles), starting at 7:30 am.  It was only a little cool to start, and I warmed up nicely once I got going.  I wore shoes and socks, and took nothing along.  One doesn’t even need a water bottle when the weather is cool. . . it’s nice to have some naked morning exercise – freehiking is the best – and in December no less.” - –From my past kenfreehiker blog

“Via Bavarica Nudensis - die Nacktrudertour ‘08” (Video) - https://vimeo.com/31156746

“I COULD begin this piece by telling you I was attending a nude yoga class on a Friday night for research purposes for this article. . . But that would be a lie.  I was filled with curiosity . . . as a regular yoga goer and I wanted to give it a go. . . What kind of people would be there?  Who would be looking at me through their legs in downward dog and seeing my natural — slightly saggy — boobs hanging from my chest?  Would there be lesbians there?  What shapes and sizes would the bodies be?  What happens if someone’s cheeks are spread so wide I am disgusted rather than humbled and can’t look away?  Would people see my vagina?  My thoughts were starting to feel like a circus.  A naked freak circus.  But what I was about to experience was far from it. . . I chose a mat and sat down. . . The event was a woman only event, and after not too much time, the air in the candle filled room was awash with a combination of nerves, yet openness.  It was far from a nudist sanctuary. . . All covered up, one by one each woman . . . shared why they were there.  I was in tears by some of the vulnerability women displayed.  They shared stories of their breakups, alcohol struggles, having babies, body issues, wanting to feel sexy but having a sense of lost sexuality, not sleeping with their partners for long lengths of time; the list went on.  I was so moved at how present everyone was . . . And just like that, I was sitting in a cross legged position looking across the room at 22 bare backs.  I could see different size bums, long hair, short hair, different waists, different postures.  It was really beautiful. . . Looking at everyone stand in front of me, for a small moment, I started to remember being a kid running through the sprinkler with my brother and my cousins and not having a worry in the world.  I was instantly thrown a sense of sadness.  We lose this innocence and so much of the way women feel about their bodies becomes complex and unhealthy.  It started to awake things in me about my own body and sense of self.  My insecurity about my ‘round face’ . . . Tears streamed down my face as I stopped for a second and considered the amount of times I had berated myself on this. . . It was the most fulfilling, challenging experience. . . when I think back on the experience, instead of thinking about the uncomfortable giggles, I think of the word ‘courage’.  Because that is the word I would use to describe the women I shared my nudey night with.” – Stacy June, http://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/health/baring-it-all-for-nude-yoga-stacey-june-road-tests-the-new-naked-trend/news-story/a26b41a1a483c7ba06ee3a377e165a5a

No comments:

Post a Comment