Sunday, February 23, 2020


QUOTES 2/23/2020

“. . . due to America’s weird hang-ups about nudity, how many . . . are showering in their swimsuits and still entering the pool with germs attached?  We probably have the dirtiest public pools of any developed country. . . the preemptive shower is much easier and more effective when done naked.  And any bacteria, fecal matter, sweat, germs, etc., that get trapped in suits could be avoided altogether if everyone swam nude. . . The cleanest pools in America can probably be found at nudist resorts.” – Felicity Jones, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/why-bathing-suits-are-pointless-and-unhealthy/


“To my mind, if you’re going to a nude swim you should have an expectation that nudity will be a requirement.  I understand that some might be a little shy or apprehensive about attending their first nude event but I feel that if you have already made the decision to attend a nude event, the best thing to do is to just get naked and experience it.  If, after a reasonable amount of time, you’re not comfortable and it’s not for you, then get dressed and make a graceful exit. . . I was nervous and apprehensive when I went to my first nudist outing and I almost turned around and went home.  But once I arrived, I took my clothes off and my apprehension disappeared almost immediately.  I discovered that, for me, being nude with others felt so liberating, so comfortable, and so natural that I did not want to get dressed again for the drive home.” - http://mojoreisen.com/blog/adjustment-time/

“. . . without joy naturism is just people being naked, and while there is nothing wrong with that, where is the fun in it?” - http://artdayonline.org/dailyart_201512/

“Our attitudes towards female legs were, it seems, still rather medieval when it came to the beginning of the 20th century; there is a record by the Library of Congress of a ‘bathing suit inspector’ actually measuring the distance between a woman's knee and the beginning of her bathing suit, to make sure it fit with the regulations at the time. . . This occurred in 1922, when bathing-dresses were, like flapper fashions, rising higher and higher above the knee in America.” - JR Thorpe, https://www.bustle.com/articles/172288-7-strange-beliefs-about-nudity-in-western-history

“I always garden in the nude and created a little forest in the area where I keep ducks.  Just love walking through it.  Currently I am busy with a vegetable greenhouse and want to extend my food into the likes of a medium sized food forest.” – Hcirmia, https://www.truenudists.com/group/nude-gardeners/1/114169/

No comments:

Post a Comment